Friday 13 July 2018

FAB FRIDAY

My card today uses a new set of stamps and dies which I recently purchased from a new company I found - called Clearly Besotted - and when I saw their stamps and their matching dies and the prices it's safe to say I was clearly besotted!

The set I have used is called Thanks a Bouquet and it has a matching set of dies - I think both cost me just over £10 in their sale - what a bargain.  And they stamp lovely too.  

I'm using the Fab Friday Challenge Sketch #141 for my inspiration for this card 







I inked up the stamps with some SU Basic Black ink and watercoloured the roses with an Aqua painter and two retired SU colours - Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose.  The leaves were painted in Pear Pizazz to match the cardstock. I stamped teh flowers twice and added an extra dimension by cutting some of them out and popping them up on dimensionals.  I love the round little vase that comes with the set and its matching die.  

The background uses a retired die from SU from the Banner's collection and some of the current Share What You Love DSP.  I think the ribbon in Pear Pizazz is also retired as is the gorgeous little rose brad.  The chevron stamps are from Kaisercraft Gypsy Rose and the little pear drops are from Charmed Cards and Crafts who gifted them when I placed an order.  So quite a lot going on in this little card but I love the colours and I can see me using these stamps quite a lot.




 

2 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

An adorable card! Wonderful created!Happy weekend!
Hugs, Susi

Heather said...

What a cool effect cutting the DSP with that banner die, Fiona! I totally have to try it! All your little details are just right for our sketch - thanks for playing at Fab Friday!