Friday 27 July 2018

DANDELION WISHES

My post the other day told of my daughter having to go through a major operation - thankfully the operation was successful though not without its complications.  I think one of the hardest things a parent has to do is see their child ill no matter how old they are.

My daughter was still on my mind I think when I made this card.  I'm loving the Stampin Up Dandelion Wishes - its such an ethereal image and I keep playing around with ideas for it.  This is a one layer card which is unusual for me.  I had a play with some new Watercolour Pastels which I bought for a real bargain.  I used three of the colours of out the 24 pack and they look very similar to SU Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight and Basic Grey.  I used my aqua brush to merge the colours and simply stamped the dandelions in black over the top.  I add the sentiment in Bermuda Bay and had some teal and yellow thread in my stash.  The added pearls are non SU.





I'm adding this into a few challenges :

TGIF - #tgifc170 - Repeat stamping
As you See It #181 - Obsession - I'm a bit obsessed with this stamp set!



 

6 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card and love the dandelion stamp-hope your daughters operation went well
Carol x

Tami Hewlett said...

Beautiful card! Best wishes to your daughter for a speedy and full recovery. ❤❤❤ Thanks for joining THIF Challenges th his week.

froebelsternchen said...

So beautiful!!! Gorgeous design Fiona! Hugs, Susi

Jan Clothier said...

I hope your daughter continues to improve, Fiona. I can see why you'd be obsessed with this lovely set, too. Ethereal is a good word for it. I like your crayon background - it seems to give more texture - more like a cloudy sky - than either a watercolour wash or pencils. I like the two colours of twine you've used. Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenge this week.

Heather Cooper said...

I agree with you about this set, Fiona! I have a daughter who is totally obsessed with dandelions, too, and she's passed that on to my little granddaughter. I love how you've added the pearl to the center of each one. It adds to the delicacy of each one. I hope your daughter has a complete and speedy recovery! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

LeAnne said...

I hope your daughter recovers quickly and enjoyed this pretty dandelion card you made for her! Love the colors! And dandelions always have fun childhood memories for me too! Thanks for sharing this with us at AYSI this week!