Thursday 21 June 2018

BUTTERFLIES - IN THIS WORLD

I'm using this new set I've got my hands on again - I always seem to love sets once they retire - what does that say about me? I'm behind the times maybe!  




My cardstock base is one of the new colours from SU - I think it's called Pineapple Punch.  I've used some of the new DSP Share What You Love which has been torn and inked as a background. I've also used SU Kinda Eclectic - another retired stamp set.  I've stamped the large sun from this set behind the butterfly and a retired butterfly punch to punch out the mini butterfly.  The sentiment is from a very old SU set - I'm not sure of its name.

There is a touch of the Copper Thread behind the butterfly and some new twine.


I'm adding this to the following challenges:

 Double D Challenges butterflies 
Try Stampin on Tuesday - sketch
Time Out Challenges - Warm 




 

7 comments:

Heather said...

What a fun card! I've always liked that image, too, and it looks wonderful over that DSP! Love your torn edges... Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Darlene said...

What a fun design ! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Butterflies’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

sandie said...

Fab how you layered thus up and used a collage type of stamping. Adore the sun peaking through. Also the torn paper really suits the style of card. Thanks for joining Time Out

dianne@diannescards.com said...

The Pineapple Punch really makes this interesting card stand out. Nice! So glad you joined us at TSOT.

Shona Chambers said...

Fantastic design and especially love the pineapple coloured background colour. Love how you tore the papers and the patterns on them really add interest to your design. And the central butterfly definitely catches the eye. So glad you joined us at TIME OUT!

Donna Scholz said...

I don't blame you for holding on to some of those great sets that have since retired, Fiona! Your card shows how timely they can be no matter how long ago they were issued! I still have every SU set I ever bought, and dig into them frequently. Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! -Donna

Nonni said...

Very fun card! I love the layered layout, so cool with all the dimension and details. Great background stamping too and such a pretty butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Time Out!