Saturday 30 June 2018

ALL ABOUT THE CATS

If you are regular reader to my blog you will know I'm all about the cats - a bit of a mad cat lady. As well as my own two I am a fosterer for our local cat's protection charity.  That means I voluntarily have two cat pens in my garden and look after cats while we try and find them homes.  I have had one particular cat called Scrumpy with me now for nearly three months - the longest I have had so far - all the others have been going within two weeks.  Scrumpy bless her is a special case because she is a grumpy old lady.  Turfed out of the home she'd know for 10 years because a baby came along, she has a tendency to be a bit free with her claws and we are finding it difficult to re-home her.  We have a Facebook page and I added a little poem for her this week - so far we've had a bit more interest and we have someone coming to see her on Tuesday- so paws all crossed - I hope she behaves. Here's my little poem


An Ode To Scrumpy:

I'm 10 years old, A Female Ginger
And my given name is Scrumpy
I'm looking for
An Experienced Owner 
Who doesn't mind I'm Grumpy!

On my own terms
I like a fuss and I like to play
But if you see my ears twitch
It's time to back away
I'd like to sit and play outside
And be part of all I see
So if you think I'm the cat for you
Please... Take a Chance On Me!😹

And a 

And here's a picture of the lady in all her glory - 




So as I am in a cat mood I decided to have another play with Pretty Kitty from Stampin up!  I used the challenge from Just Add Ink for my inspiration and added the flowers from Colourful Seasons.  



I've kept the colours soft for the card and the pink I've used is a very old SU one called Regal Rose.  The pearls are from the new catalogue from the Share What You Love suite.  The flower pot is also an old colour called More Mustard - one of my favourite colours of all time from SU.





2 comments:

Jan said...

This is so pretty, Fiona! I love your soft colours and shading of your cat peeking out of the pot and the cascading flowers flowers down the page - you have captured the feel of the photo so beautifully. I share your fostering love, tho it’s dogs for me :-) funnily enough Honey has been here 3 months too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Chantell Randall said...

Very cute card - I love how you blend your love of cats and crafting into one. Your card is so cute and summery. Chantell Just Add Ink