Wednesday 23 May 2018

SCRAPBOOK PAGE

Challenging myself with the very detailed CSI scrapbook challenge blog - at first look this challenge seems so daunting





but luckily they do break it down for you and give you ideas to hone in on - I can get overwhelmed sometimes with so much to work from.  I decided to focus on the book but in a slightly tenuous link.

I have done lots of Scrapbooks as presents for family members and one especially for my daughter for her 21st 6 years ago and it is updated regularly.  When my son was 21 and I asked him would he like one he said typically " no not really mum!" Gutted!!!  However, that's not going to stop me doing pages which one day could be put in an album and given to him when he's older and appreciates these things more.  He's an archaeologist - he should appreciate history!  So my page celebrates his Graduation as an Archaeologist.  There were many books that he had to read in order to get his Degree so that is my tenuous link.

I've also chosen some lovely striped paper that I had in my stash and I've used some antique tag for some of the journalling.  I've kept the colours in line with the stripes and added elements which to me shout history. 








 

3 comments:

Jacynthe said...

No need to let the challenge overwhelm you. It's suppose to be fun. I'm glad you gave it a go.
Great idea using vintage type embellishments to coincide with his archeological degree. The time pieces are perfect. Really nice photo as well. Everyone looks happy. Thank you for joining us at CSI.

WendyBen said...

Good for you, scrapbooking his memories will be appreciated one day!
Beautiful embellishments that compliments the story! Don't worry too much with the details of the challenge as long as you are inspired by something in the image ! Thanks for joining us at CSI!

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a joyful photo! You must be so proud of your son. Perfect embellishments on here, and the colors really make your picture stand out. I'm glad you decided to give CSI a go!