Tuesday 15 May 2018

ONE STAMP TWO WAYS



I get a real buzz out of joining in with the Twofer Challenge blog - they ask you to use the same stamp but in two different ways.  Now we all do this lots of times otherwise all our cards and stamps would be the same.  What they also challenge you to do though is think outside of the box with your second card using your stamp.  In other words, an Unconventional way of using your stamp.




Butterflies are really the only insects I don't mind stamping and, to be honest, I'm not sure if they are actually insects anyway.

I've gone for an old Stampin Up stamp here which is in the Touch of Nature set - the butterfly in this set is so pretty with lots of little details.  So here are my cards and I've attempted to go for the Unconventional route.

My first card uses the Emboss Resist technique - the colours I've used here are SU Tempting Turquoise, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and a touch of Tangerine Tango.  I've also used some silver embossing powder to stamp the smaller butterfly from the Kinda Eclectic set.  This was then layered onto a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock and the sentiment is from the A Touch of Nature set.

I'm adding this one into the Make My Monday#71 challenge which is Hint of Summer to come.  I'm also adding it to the Try Stampin on Tuesday Colour Resist challenge they have running - that is what inspired me to try this technique.




My second card is a Centre Step Card.  I've used Lemon Lime Twist as my base - the cupid stamp is an old one I had in my stash and I'm not sure where its from.  I'm not sure where the background paper is from - it was something I found in my cupboard but the colours really lend themselves to Lemon Lime Twist and Berry Burst from SU.  I've used the butterfly here as the wings for the little cupid.  I cut it out and inked it with Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist using a blender pen.  There are some Silver Dots from Papermania down the body of the butterfly.  The little flower is from an old SU Set called A Little Love and it has been finished off with a tiny pink pearl.  I really love the colours on this little card and the way it turned out.






Thank you for stopping by my blog.

 

5 comments:

Darnell said...

I'm so glad you enjoy the Twofer challenge concept, Fiona! You did a great job of creating a conventional design with your colorful ink blended background and white embossed butterflies! Adding in the smaller silver-embossed butterflies from the set adds a ton of interest to your design. And your unconventional center-step design using your beautifully colored butterfly as cupid's wings is very clever! That's a sweet love sediment and I agree the lemon-lime and berry colors do look terrific together! Thank you so much for playing both ways in Twofer Card Challenge #5! Hugs, Darnell

Kara Lynne said...

What a fantastic twofer! I love the rainbow of color you achieved on your emboss resist card - it's so cheerful! Such a great idea to give your cupid butterfly wings. The lime and berry colors are beautiful, and it's so fun when you find the right design paper in your stash! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Basslady said...

this looks awesome!

thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday!

hugs and kisses from germany
silvi, xoxo

Anita in France said...

The blended rainbow of colour over your kaleidoscope of lovely embossed butterflies is wonderful, Fiona ... bright, happy and fun! Great to see your unconventional take with the butterfly as cupid wings ... great dimension and what a delicious colour combo! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Donna Scholz said...

Beautiful card, Fiona! It uses some of my favorite SU colors. I'm oh so going to miss Tangerine Tango and Island Indigo :-( Thank you for joining us this month for our color resist technique at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! -Donna