Thursday 17 May 2018

ONE LAYER CARD

One layer cards can be tricky - but necessary sometimes especially as the postage costs in the UK have risen if you have a card with a 'bump' on it!  I found a new challenge to me today which is asking for one layer card - Cards In Envy with the Envy meaning envelope.

They do allow for a mat layer but I've kept my card one layer.  I've used some stamps from a set I got from Clear Impressions called Rural Springtime.  There are some lovely stamps on it and I chose to use three from the set.

I first used some Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Bundled Sage and Tattered Rose to make the background. I used Tim's new, to me, Stamping Platform to add my stamps.  I found the platform great for this type of stamping where I was positioning a few stamps to make sure they ink correctly and in the right place.

I used some of SU Melon Mambo for the sentiment and a touch of Wink of Stella on the trees just to make them sparkle and give the card a bit of interest.





2 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Had to return the favor, Fiona! I love your gorgeous work of art!
But don't get me started on that 'bump' problem from the postal service! It's the machines that have the problem here in the U.S. = go back to humans sorting that mail, right?! lol
=] Michele

Sherry Hickey said...

I love the stamp set and your background. Your card shows just how beautiful flat cards can be! Thanks for joining in the one-layer card challenge at Cards In Envy!