Thursday 24 May 2018

CARDS IN ENVY - FEELING SKETCHY

My card today is for the above challenge Cards In Envy who asked us to choose a favourite sketch -  I must admit I'm kind of new to the whole sketch idea - apart from the challenges that ask for them I rarely look at sketches to follow!  Seems I've been missing a trick as I've now found them for scrapbooking layouts also  All those hours scratching my head trying to think of something and all I needed to do was go on Pinterest - in the words of the immortal Homer Simpson - Doh!

I found this sketch which actually fitted the card I had just done - I think I've really done that the wrong way round but hey - it worked!




I've used a lovely new set for me from Penny Black with some really lovely flowers stamps on it - my stash was actually short of flowers and I just couldn't find exactly what I was looking for until I saw this set.  I think it was called Enjoy.  I used the little daisy stamp and used some SU marker pens to colour it in - the background was sponged in Pear Pizzazz and the outer layer of the oval sponged in Tangerine Tango - with its matching ribbon - this is the last of this bit of ribbon I have and I'm gong to miss it.  The flower was one I had in my stash and I inked it in the same Tangerine Tango and added a brad - #bringbradsback!

 

1 comment:

Sherry Hickey said...

Love your pretty card with its soft colors and beautiful sketch. Glad you've discovered sketches; my cards don't work unless I follow a sketch lol! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards In Envy challenge!