Tuesday 10 April 2018

SMILE

Well I can definitely say my card today has colours I wouldn't normally use or put together - but they were chosen as this week's challenge at The Paper Players -and after all isn't that what challenges are all about.  I have lots of different coloured card stock, inks and ribbons that hardly get used so its good to challenge yourself, especially out of your usual colours.





These are lovely colours though and the image is so inspiring, but sadly I didn't have any stamps that looked like lavender so I went with Colourful Seasons.  I didn't actually have Wisteria Wonder ink but substituted it for an old SU colour Almost Amethyst which is very similar.



I used my water brush to soften the colours and used Elegant Eggplant top and bottom with the Almost Amethyst in the middle.  The deckchair was inked in Early Espresso and Tranquil Tide as was the sentiment.  A popped up flower with some purple embellishments was added.  I layered it onto Tranquil Tide and then Wisteria Wonder card stock which I did have.  I finished it off with some Tranquil Tide ribbon and a wash of Wink of Stella - just to make it sparkle.

I think these colours give this more of an autumnal feel for this deckchair rather than summer.






          

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Fiona, I love that you used a non-floral image for your pretty card. I really liked Almost Amethyst, was sad to see it retire, and I am glad you got a chance to use it! Thanks for playing with my lavender challenge this week at the Players!

Claire Broadwater said...

Fiona, this is so serene! I love the beautiful watercoloring and that chair looks so comfy! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a lovely way to use these colours on a non-floral card - love the deckchair against the purple sky! The square layout works well too. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Jan Clothier said...

That's such a pretty inky background! It makes a great evening sky for the deck chair. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.