Monday 2 April 2018

PRETTY KITTY INSPIRATION



The Challenge over at TGIF Challenges this week is to take inspiration from one of the Design Team - what a great idea for a challenge.  My eye was drawn to this lovely basket of flowers by Ashley Van Camp.




I decided to go with the lovely little image of the cat in its flower pot from Stampin Up's Pretty Kitty set.  I kept the colours similar using Powder Pink Cardstock  but added a touch more greens and a bold Melon Mambo for the sentiment.  The ribbon is old SU.




I am also putting this into the Crafty Animals Challenge which is Anything Goes - as long as it has an animal on it I think I'm right in saying.

I am a sucker for cats - known by my family as a slightly mad Cat Lady I have recently taken on the job as a Volunteer Cat Fosterer for Andover Cat's Protection.  That basically means that I have two cat pens in my garden and cats that find themselves out of their homes for one reason or another come to me to look after them until a new home can be found.  So far it has taken about two weeks for new homes to be found but sadly I have an older cat with me that may be around for a while.  Her name is Scrumpy and she is 10 year old and slightly grumpy so she needs an understanding home. 





I'm thinking of producing a lot of cat cards using this set to raise funds for the cats.


 

2 comments:

Carolynn Sander said...

What a pretty card! And that kitty is adorbs! Thanks so much for joining in with us this week over at TGIF Challenges!💖

Card Bomb said...

What a sweet card Fiona! I love the layered circles and the stitching around the edges. Thanks for join us at TGIFC this week!
-Maria