Saturday 14 April 2018

LET'S GO BACK TO 2005

What a fabulous challenge over at Less Is More - I went all out for this challenge - rummaging in the back of the craft cupboards - finding old friends and trying to remember how to use old craft tools!  So here is their Challenge - Bring Something Back.  Well we do this on a regular basis over at my Facebook Group The Joy of Sets so I'm used to playing with old sets - but embellishments etc is something new.







So whilst I was rummaging I came across this - and thought wow let's do a CASE of a card from this Mini-Catalogue from 2005!  This was from when I still lived in Houston, Texas and first found out about Stampin' Up.  My Demo then was Diana Hooyman and I believe she is still crafting.



I actually didn't have any of the stamps shown in this mini catalogue so I improvised - I chose to do this page and CASE this project - the stamp set was called Wing Things.


Amongst my stash I found these old retired products - probably back from 2005!  Some Ribbon, Eyelets, Brads and felt flowers.  I decided they all needed an outing.  The ribbon is actually Mellow Moss and I still have the ink.  Keep a thing long enough and it comes back into fashion as I see it's one of the new colours!  My ink is still going strong since 2005 - which sadly is more than I can say for the inks I bought last year which are already dry.


I also used some retired inks - Regal Rose and Not Quite Navy.






So here's my card - I've used the sentiments from Feather Together and the butterflies from Watercolour Wings and Bold Butterfly framelits.




I had such fun making this card and it really did take me back down memory lane to warmer climes of living in Houston, the fun evenings stamping with everyone which you just don't get so much of here in the UK.  It set me on my path to stamping and cards which before hand I only did scrapbooking.  So thank you Less is More for that trip down Memory Lane.




3 comments:

Kathyk said...

Super make, I can see why it was fun to make. I went with old stash this morning too - but yours beat mine!

Well done on being first past the post this week too

Kathyk

Sazzle Dazzle said...

It's great to bring those old / no longer fashionable items back into the crafting limelight isn't it. In fact if you're like me I'd totally forgotten what I'd kept and where! Great ideas and you've certainly showcased everything here. Thanks for joining us at Less is More this week.

Izzy Scrap said...

Isn’t it funny to play with all those old items ? Great card and fabulous showcase of all those old fashion products. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.