Tuesday 24 April 2018

KINDA ELECTIC - COLLAGE STYLE

So I have a new stamp set and am playing with it like mad - I'm late to the Kinda Eclectic by Stampin' Up! party as it's a retired set - it passed me by in the catalogue and it was only looking through Pinterest that I saw some cards made with it and realised what a lovely versatile set it is.

I've done a CAS card with it and thought I'd do more of a collage look to the set - my card is going in to the Global Design Project challenge this week which is Bring Me Sunshine.  You can't get much better than that huge sun stamp which is part of the set.










My colours on this card are all Stampin Up inks - I used Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Fresh Fig and a touch of Crumb Cake and Soft Suede for the edges and the sentiment.  I used the Banner Framelits to cut out the sentiment which comes from SU Thankful Thoughts, and you can just see the background of the stamped circles which come with this set.  I still have my SU butterfly punches which retired a while back but which fit these butterflies perfectly.  A touch of basic pearls and gold thread finish off the card.

I'm off to do some more playing with this lovely set....I hope you don't get bored seeing too much of it.




 

No comments: