Sunday 15 April 2018

GLOBAL DESIGN PROJECT - 133

It's been a while since I joined in with the Global Design Project challenge - this week their challenge is a colour challenge and I only just sneaked in with a few hours to spare.





I love this colour combination - Tranquil Tide has never really been one of my go to greens even though I love the colour green so I am partial to a challenge that makes me use it.




There are a ton of inspirational cards out there for the Stampin Up Colourful Seasons set and although I love this chair which comes with the matching framelits I haven't used it an awful lot.  I've used it here in Tranquil Tide with a wash of Wink of Stella.  I've used the stamp for the background inks from Painter's Palette.  The Crumb Cake was stamped off so it looks a little softer as my Night of Navy ink is actually over 10 years old so not quite as bright as it should be! 

 I've used the little stamp from Bookcase Builder to make the grass at the bottom of the chair and the little dots from the same set to stamp around the outside.  The sentiment from Colourful Seasons is stamped in Crumb Cake and some rhinestones finish it off.  I'm not a lover of sayings finishing in a full stop which a lot of Stampin Up ones seem to do so I nearly always cover it with some sort of embellishment.  The butterfly is one I had in my stash that had been punched out with one of the SU butterfly punches, now retired.



 

No comments: