Wednesday 18 April 2018

CHERRY BLOSSOM

Spring is finally showing its face here in the UK with sunshine and warmth.  Doesn't it just make everything feel better - crafting when its warm though is a challenge as I want to be out in the garden - I could take everything outside later and make the most of it before it leaves again.

So I think Spring was on my mind when making this card - and used some of the stamps from the Cherry Blossom set I've recently purchased.  

The challenge over at CAS Colours and Sketches #268 is a Colour challenge this week and I thought this gorgeous cherry blossom stamp and the lovely vase suited these colours.




I've used all SU colours in my card and the Spring sentiment is an old SU one from Season by Season set from about 2005.  My Pool Party ink though is very disappointing - I've found that with all the inks I purchased recently - they have dried out very quickly - yet I have inks from ten years ago that are still going strong - sometimes change is not a good thing. 




 So as my Pool Party was so dry I used Versamark and clear embossing powder to stamp the vase.  I used a neutral of Crumb Cake for the stems and used Daffodil Delight as my base cardstock.



2 comments:

karen h said...

Pretty card! Lovely stamp choice for the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Fiona Whitten said...

Great choice for the colours and I love that you heat embossed the vase. Thank you for joining us for this week's CC&S challenge.