Friday 23 March 2018

Masculine Cards

Masculine Cards - - they often give us trouble.  I love the set Feather Together from Stampin Up which also has a sentiment which is suitable for masculine cards.  I've used it here in this example of a CAS card which I'm putting forward for Addicted to CAS.  Their challenge is Birds - well feathers are definitely associated with birds!

I'm also adding this to Watercooler Wednesday's challenge which this week is Masculine - it's been a long time since I've been able to join in with the challenges and its so nice to get back crafting again.



I've just kept to two colours on this card - the background dots were made with Tim Holtz stencil Dot Fade.  The colours I used are an old SU one More Mustard - one of my favourite colours.  I joined this with Island Indigo - I kept lots of white space for the CAS challenge.

Now all I need is a man to give this to lol!







 

6 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

Great card, Fiona. It's good to see you crafting again. Love the simplicity of the colours you've used. The More Mustard and Island Indigo compliment each other beautifully. The fading dots in the background are a great addition. Love those Tim Holtz stencils. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and love the beautiful feathers
Carol x

Penny Hanuszak said...

How wonderful to see you back crafting again Fiona. You've truly been missed. Your feathers card is simply a CAS treat. I love the colour mix and your beautifully coloured feathers. Thanks so much for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Masculine "Anything Goes" challenge this week.

Helen said...

Your CAS card is very striking, Fiona! I love the colour combination and the soft background stencilling is the perfect background to those great feathers. Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

Bobby said...

The stenciling is great behind those beautiful feathers, Fiona. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS.

Created by Kath said...

Fiona it's great to see your work again! Wonderful CAS card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday challenge!