Thursday 23 November 2017

A NEUTRAL CHRISTMAS CARD - WINTER POST

The challenge over at Inkspirational this week is neutral colours for a Christmas card. I really loved this challenge as I normally grab reds and greens and maybe blues and doing a neutral card was a revelation.






 I've used one of my favourite Christmas sets from Stampin Up which is an old one called Winter Post.  The image of the skaters is so nostalgic and it really lends itself to these neutral colours.  I've used a Holly Embossing folder for the Very Vanilla which had a circle cut out.  The skaters are behind it with dimensionals to give this an impression of a bauble.  The stamping at the top is another old set Autumn Days which had this stamp of fir cones to give the impression of a Christmas tree branch for the bauble.  The touch of gold thread just finishes off the card.


As I'm in a neutral mood I decided to do another neutral card for Addicted To Stamps challenge which is a CAS challenge.

I've used a very old stamp I dont even know where its from - I've added an old metal brad to the top of the tag simply layered it onto dark brown and used the Holly Embossing folder direct on the Soft Suede.  

 


 

3 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great cards love the vintage images and embossing
Carol x

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards, Fiona. The texture of the background is fantastic. Thank you for sharing our card with ATSM!

cm said...

Both cards are lovely; you've certainly embraced the neutral colours wonderfully! The skaters, especially, caught my eye! Truly a classic image! Thank you for sharing this gem in the Inkspirational gallery!
~carol