Wednesday 25 October 2017

CHRISTMAS IN OCTOBER



I have a lot of friends who groan when I mention Christmas this early but really us crafters have to get ahead of the game - it's no use waiting until December to start making our cards is it?  So I am going to challenge myself to make some Christmas cards for some Challenge blogs over the next few weeks, that way I should have a good amount of Christmas cards in all different styles.

The challenge over at CAS Colours and Sketches this week is a Sketch -

 I often find Sketches challenging as I tend to follow them to the letter and really need to use them as guidelines rather than rules - you know the phrase out of Pirates of the Caribbean lol!






 My card uses a very old Cherry Pie Art stamp with all the Merry Christmas's written in different languages - it has been my go to stamp for Christmas for manyyears.  I masked it and stamped two trees full of glitter behind it - I'm not sure where the other tree stamp came from.  The sentiment is also one of my favourites as Meet Me In St Louis with Judy Garland when she sings that song is one of my favourite Christmas Movies.


I'm also including this in Watercooler Wednesday's Challenge this week which is all about Christmas .




9 comments:

karen h said...

Pretty card! I like the inking of the text tree! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Heidi Weaver said...

I love masking because of the way you can still keep things clean and simple but add extras to a card. Having the text tree in the centre with the "normal" trees to each side really adds a lot of interest. Love your colours and the way you've interpreted the sketch, Fiona. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

samantha's cards said...

Lovely Christmas card, thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

libbystamps said...

What a lovely card Fiona! Great combination of sketches! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday for our Christmas challenge!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great interpretation of the sketch Fiona. I like how you used the image with the lettering as your focal point and masked it to stamp the other trees. The background trees with all their sparkle really add to the card. Thanks so much for playing along with week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Great classic Christmas card.

Patricia Hays said...

The sentiment tree is such a cool image! I can understand why you want to use it frequently. :) Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S!

Beverley said...

Always good to get ahead for the Holidays, but I never take this on myself, I ALWAYS leave cards till the last minute! FAB use of the sketch and awesome masking too. Hugs Bev x

Lady Joyful said...

Fabulous card Fiona. I really love the sentiment tree, and it's a great take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Cathy P said...

Love that you used the sketch to get going on your Christmas cards!! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.