Thursday 28 September 2017

HEARTS COME HOME - GLOBAL DESIGN PROJECT #106

See I told you it wouldn't be long until I started using the Christmas stamps again - I'm a sucker for Christmas cards so I do hope you don't mind if I throw the odd one in here and there so early in the season - I know its still September!!!

The Global Design Project has a sketch challenge this week 




http://www.global-design-project.com/2017/09/global-design-project-106-sketch.html


That circle just screamed the Santa and reindeer from the Hearts Come Home new set from this year's Winter Catalogue.    I only have the stamps - not the framelits to go with it but this set can still be used without them.


 I used the little dots from the set to create the snow effect and used white embossing powder.  Stitched framelits were used for the circles and the Be Merry Designer Series Paper from the main catalogue.  The gorgeous ribbon is Double Stitched Ribbon in Cherry Cobbler.  The sentiment and the tree is from the same set and was also embossed with White Embossing Powder.

There is lots of inspiration over at the challenge blog - do pop along and be inspired!

 Watercooler Wednesday

 

Sadly I had to relinquish my Design Team position at Watercooler Wednesday but that doesn't mean I can't still join in with their challenges and this week it's Marsha doing a Christmas Challenge.  Pop along to the Challenge and have a look at the fabulous work the DT do. 

I'm therefore adding this card in to Marsha's Challenge also.




HAPPY CRAFTING



 

4 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Fiona so happy to see you play along this week! Whoo Hoo! Love your fun take on the sketch with the Santa and reindeer flying through that circle. You're right it was perfect. The little dots for the snow are a great touch too! Awesome card, thanks for playing along with us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Fiona, what a great card! September is NOT too early for Christmas cards if one is trying to get sufficient made to send out. Love the way you've mixed the Designer paper with your stamped background. Santa flying through that circle is great fun and perfect for the sketch. Love that double stitched ribbon you've added---such a pretty touch. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Created by Kath said...

Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! I love seeing your work. I start working on Christmas cards in September! Great sketch and card.

Lady Joyful said...

Really lovely card Fiona. The combination of colours is great - very traditional. Lovely to see you playing along. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT