Friday 4 August 2017

BOOKCASE BUILDER/COLOURFUL SEASONS - BABY CARDS

I am so in love with this little project - do you know when you just do something and just like it straight away - this is how I feel about this Squashed Card - not sure what else to call it really.  I found something similar on a youtube tutorial ages ago and put it in my "to do" file - sadly I can't find the original author.

I've done two examples - both baby cards which is not like me but I wanted to play with the bookcase builder and thought it would be great for this project.

I've done a pink version and a blue version.  The sentiment on the front is from Colourful Seasons and it is just the perfect sentiment for this card.  I think from the outside it looks quite plain until you open it up.  

You can do this type of card any size you like as long as you use a square piece of cardstock - mine started out as a 6" x 6" square. 

I've used the Color Theory Designer Series Papers for both - the blues I've used Pacific Point and Crumb Cake for the Teddy.  The blue ribbon is one of our gorgeous new ribbons - Stitched Edge Pacific Point.




The Pinks I have used the DSP also and Powder Pink and Berry Burst inks.  Also a touch of enamel dots on both cards.   The pink ribbon is Double Stitched Blushing Bride - another new ribbon.


I'm adding the pink one into The Paper Players challenge this week which is Tic Tac Toe and luckily mine fits the bill.

I'm also adding this into the As You See It Challenge - they want to know how you get your mojo back.  I get mine my trawling through the internet and looking and listening to videos - it helps to listen to a voice when I'm on my own in my craft room - a voice other than mine that is!

 

 Here's the video tutorial - I hope you make some and let me know if you do.

 

 

 HAPPY CRAFTING

 

7 comments:

Heather Cooper said...

These are so cute, Fiona, and the mix of colours and papers are perfect. I never thought of that sentiment from Colourful Seasons for a baby card, but it is so apt! Great tips for finding your mojo, too! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It Challenge.

Jaydee said...

Love your interactive card, Fiona. What a fun way to celebrate a new baby. The sentiment is perfect, too. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What an interesting fun fold Fiona - I love your pink and blue baby cards, with a great combination of stamp sets. Thanks for joining us for TicTacToe over at The Paper Players this week!

Jan Clothier said...

What a lovely fold this is and so useful for all sorts of cards. I'll be watching your video later on for sure. Thank you for joining us at As You See It and The Paper Players.

Teresa Kline said...

sweet card, luv the design! I am so glad you played along with the
As you see it!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

laurie said...

What a fun fold and such adorable cards! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Tara Angus said...

Don't you love watching stamping videos? I know I do! Very cute fancy fold card. Thanks for playing along with AYSI this week!