Tuesday 30 May 2017

DAISY DELIGHT TRI FOLD SHUTTER CARD


 

 
How exciting to be chosen as winner at CAS Colours and Sketches again this week for my butterfly card.  It's a great honour especially as I'm still learning the art of Clean and Simple.  

My next card is definitely neither Clean nor Simple.  It is however going in to the Global Design Project #GDP089 challenge this week which is a colour challenge.  I was sad to hear Kylie Bertucci is leaving the group which I believe she set up. I've 'met' Kylie through FB and belong to a few of her groups - it sounds as though she is moving on to something exciting and I wish her lots of luck.



 http://www.global-design-project.com/2017/05/global-design-project-089-colour.html

I had actually just made this card this morning and started to do a video tutorial but my phone died so the tutorial will be added later.  It was just lucky I had been using these colours anyway -apart from the black which had to be just sneaked in there somewhere! lol

Anyway my card is a Tri Fold Shutter card - it looks complicated to do but isn't really once you get going and it definitely has the Wow factor.    It also uses lots of small pieces of DSP so go one get cutting - and it doens't actually use a lot of DSP.



 Trying to take decent pictures though is a whole other problem.  For this card I used some of the Delightful Daisy DSP - I love this - I've nearly gone through a whole pack already.  I also used the Daisy Delight stamps, some of the sentiments from Colourful Seasons and Beautiful You.  I used my now retiring butterfly punches, I'm keeping hold of those though.  And the butterfly on the front was from Bold Butterfly Framelits.



 Here's another example of the same type of card using different papers in this DSP.





Here is the YouTube tutorial for you 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfCG8HzzEGs



 

2 comments:

Gloria S said...

When I click on You Tube or your video prompt, it says you don't have a video available. I really would like to try this card. I can't use the same DSP as I'm waiting for the bundle to come back. This truly a beautiful card. Thank you so mch for sharing this with s.

Fiona said...

Thanks for letting me know Gloria all fixed now.