Saturday 22 October 2016

SIMPLY SKETCHED SATURDAY CHALLENGE - MERRIEST WISHES, MERRY TAG FRAMELITS



It's time for another Saturday Sketch Challenge and this month our sketch was chosen by Sally Shaw.

This was the sketch we had to work with.





Here is my card - I actually have to thank my dear husband for the inspiration for this - he saw me sitting looking at the sketch - having discarded a few ideas into the bin when he thought the stripes looked like ribbon - Eureka! as they say!

I used Cherry Cobbler cardstock for the base and some of the Designer Series Paper This Christmas Suite. The Ribbon is Mini Striped Ribbon in Tip Top Taupe but it looks almost silver against the paper.

I've used the Merry Tag Framelits again - love these with a bit of Smoky Slate Cardstock.  The Banner and Sentiment is from Banners for Christmas with a touch of Dazzling Diamonds around the outside.  On the cardstock just on the bottom left I've used one of the trees from the Foxy Friends set with Versarmark just to add a bit of interest to the cardstock. 





CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO BE TAKEN ON TO  ANNA'S PROJECT
https://annastampincave.wordpress.com/
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO BE TAKEN BACK TO LOUISE'S BLOG

 https://whiteflagdesigns.com/

 

THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY ON OUR BLOG HOP AND HAPPY CRAFTING 

 

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this Fiona, the tags framelits are on my should I or shant't I list!

Corrie Papercrafts said...

This is lovely, Fiona!

Lady Dee Crafts said...

Great card Fiona. I thought of ribbon too when I saw the sketch. I keep looking at the tags framelits but I haven't ordered them yet. x

Jillian Selwood said...

Beautiful card Fiona, I would have been disappointed if you hadn't used the merry tags. They are now firmly at the top of my wish list, thanks to your fab creations xx

Keren Howell said...

I nearly used these framelits in my card! You've done a great job of this, I love it! xxx

Sallystampers said...

Great take on the sketch Fiona. Lovely card.xx

annastampincave said...

Lovely card Fiona xx