Monday 5 September 2016

SPLITCOAST STAMPERS CREATIVE CREW DESIGN TEAM

Hi Crafters

Wow I've been away from blogland for a while - real life got in the way with an illness in the family and .....well you know how it is.  Crafting had to take a back seat.  Thankfully now all is well and I can get back up to speed again.

I was blown away to be invited to join the Splitcoast Stampers Creative Crew Design team - for the next four months - right up until Christmas - my favourite time for crafting.  For those of you who haven't found the wondrousness that is Splitcoast Stampers - you will find them here.  It pre-dates Pinterest by quite a number of years and for a while was the go-to place to find inspiration for Stampin' Up! and now lots of other stamp companies.  You will find every Stampin' Up! set that has ever been produced on this website.  

www.splitcoaststampers.com 



We had a number of briefs and four projects to do.  I won't put all four here today - but will keep you guessing - if that's ok.

Our first project was to use some Designer Series Paper on our card.  I gave you a sneak peek a few weeks ago:



 I used the DSP from the This Christmas Suite which is in the main catalogue. 
From our new Winter catalogue I used the Merriest Wishes bundle. This comes with the Merriest Wishes stamp set  a set of 11 rubber stamps and the Merry Tags Framelits Dies - a collection of 7 dies which co-ordinate.  I'm a sucker for reindeer at Christmas and as soon as I saw that little reindeer framelit that was me sold!



I made the ribbon using the DSP and our Envelope Punch Board. A great technique to try and really easy once you get the hang of it.  See my tutorials above to learn how to make a similar bow.


 I cut out the first Reindeer and Trees framelit in Very Vanilla and then again in the DSP and then cut out the deer and the trees and adhered them to the framelit.  The 25 is also part of this set.  A touch of basic pearls just finishes off the card.




 I hope you like the card - pop back tomorrow to see the next project for the SCS Creative Crew Design.


 

No comments: