I've found a new challenge site this week and it couldn't have been more apt as I've been playing with lots of bright colours recently. I think its because the weather is so dull in the UK and I need a bit of sunshine. So I loved the idea of playing with these three colours but..... I also found it quite difficult adding in that Pumpkin Pie. Its not Halloween and I realise I only really use orange colours around Autumn time. So this was a true challenge for me.
I wanted to do some watercolouring but lo and behold where oh where was my Aqua Painter when I needed it. So frustrating - I turned everything upside down, found a few things I'd forgotten about but sadly no Aqua painter so I had to re-think. I don't know about you but once I've set my mind on a particular project it was hard to think of something else.
So I looked at my new sets from the new Catalogue and wanted to use the Playful Backgrounds. So far I've only used the brush strokes and the stripes from it so I thought it was time the circles or bubbles had an outing. I stamped them in Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight on a Whisper White background, mounted on to Melon Mambo.
Yesterday I had also been playing with a new fun technique of embossing vellum and already had these butterflies from Papillon Potpourri ready made in the correct colours. So on they went.
The technique I used was to firstly ink up my Brayer with Daffodil Delight and ink the vellum so that it is covered. Then leave it to dry. It does take quite a while or you can use a heat tool. I then stamped the small butterflies onto the vellum in Melon Mambo ink and again waited til they were dry. This is not a quick technique lol!
When they are dry I used the Bitty Butterfly punch to punch them out. Turn them over onto your Stampin Pierce Mat and, with the thin end of a stylus, rub firmly but gently over the back of them. The vellum starts to crack and the white imaging comes through giving the butterflies an added dimension.
The large butterfly was stamped in Melon Mambo and inked in Daffodil Delight. I used the Elegant Butterfly punch to cut it out and it was mounted onto another butterfly cut out of Daffodil Delight. The finishing touches of Enamel Shapes in the three colours completed the butterfly.
The sentiment was simply layered and comes from the new Shooting Star set. I thought the sentiment was quite apt for these butterflies.