Tuesday 22 March 2011

HAPPY DAY, SAD DAY

Its always a mixed day for me today- its my son's 17th Birthday today - but its also the anniversary of the day my sister Jackie died - 12 years ago this year. She was 46 and left behind 2 girls age 17 and 19 - their dad had died 3 years previously. Life eh!

On to this week's bit of crafting - I'm hosting a Bookmark Swap over at UK Stampers - if you'd like to join in the cut off date for entries is this Friday. Wednesday Stamper wants us to use pens or pencils in our art work this week - I've once again turned to my trust Cherry Pie art stamps - I always seem to find what I need amongst these stamps. I've turned it into a bookmark so will be using it for my swap. Fun with ATC's is a new ATC blog I've found and their challenge this week is puzzles - as my bookmark is ATC sized and has a puzzle it will also fit in with their challenge.

TMTA this week is just like my mood today - blue. Here's my ATC - this song sprang to mind as soon as I saw the word Blue - I can't even remember who sang it - the bird is double layered with feathers attached to his tail. Its a Stampin Up stamp. (ps - had to go and find out who sang it and thanks to youtube found out it was Neil Diamond - now I can't get the song out of my head - hope it doesn't do the same to you!)


Don't forget I'm also hosting an altered Matchbox Swap on here if you'd like to join in.








12 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

So very sorry for your loss Fiona...that is so hard...and if possible birthdays and anniversaries are even harder than every other day without our loved ones.
Happy Birthday to your son!

Great bookmark

to answer your stamp question for my tag: the feather is from Just For Fun, the face from Lost Coast Design, 1876 is from Limited Edition and the large script background stamp which hardly shows is from B Line Designs.
Take care
oxo

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Hi Fiona. I'm so sorry for your loss. My sister means the world to me, she's the crutch that holds our family together. I couldn't even imagine her not being here. On a happier note, happy birthday to you son and your bookmark is great.
Hugs,
Kelly

Hermine said...

Both are really beautiful. Sorry to hear about your loss.
Happy birthday to your son.

Cameron said...

Mixed feelings, mixed response....I just want to give you a hug....that seems to be the answer to so many of Life's challenges...and seems appropriate today :) So I'm sending you a BIG (HUG)...to celebrate your son's Birthday and the wonderful family you have....and to acknowledge the missing members, as well...

Keep creating....your work is lovely!

froebelsternchen said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Fiona!
Happy birthday to your son!

Thank you for playing puzzle with us over on Fun with ATC´s!

K J D said...

Fiona

What a day of mixed emotions.

Hope your son has had a lovely birthday though.

Your art is wonderful.... especially love your puzzle book mark.

See you Friday :)

Karenx

LivArtNow said...

So sorry for your loss. Such days are always hard, my dear cousins husband died on their oldest daughters birthday last year, such tragedy... I can only imagine how hard it must be for you...

A very happy birthday to your son!!

your entry for this weeks challenge is beautiful!! Love the stamps too :)

Take care,
hugs and blessings,
Linda

Nancy B said...

So sorry for the loss of your Sis.
Your blue ATC is lovely. I like that song too and now I'll be thinking of it too.

Joanna said...

Such a sad anniversary.

Neil Diamond sang that song, one of my favourites. Sweet ATC.

Happy Birthday to your son.

xxx

Chriss Rollins said...

So Sorry for your loss Fiona.

You have me singing that song too and I bet it will be in my head all evening ...infact all week haha.

I have joined in with TMTA the first time in such a loooong time.

Chriss x

Rosie said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Fiona.
But Happy birthday to your son.

Thanks for playing puzzle with us on Fun with ATC´s

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Two wonderful pieces.
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.