Monday 26 October 2009

BOO - INCHY CHALLENGE THEME - HALLOWE'EN


The theme over at inchy challenge blog this week is Hallowe'en. I've used some Cherry Pie Stamps and a Stampin Up stamp (the Spider) for my inchy this week.

The witchy among you will know that the word Samhain is the magickal word for Hallowe'en. Hallowe'en is one of my favourite Sabbats in the Magickal calendar - I always lay a place at the table for those of my family who are no longer with us - the practice of candy at Hallowe'en stemmed from the ancestors putting out food for their loved ones who were no longer with them. How many people realise that today? Once you get away from all the hype of Hallowe'en it really is a magickal special time.

DD and I are off to Glastonbury this week -just to soak up some atmosphere and, as we have a Hallowe'en party to go to, we may just pick up a few bits and pieces.

Have a great week!


3 comments:

K J D said...

Hi Fiona

Hope you have a good time ....

I have to admit I never knew that interesting fact.... and I absolutely love your inchie btw - its stunning. I am doing mine later.

Hasn't the weather been lovely? Such a beautiful time of year.

Karenx

jaine drake said...

Lovely inchy and such a cute spider, if I can say that about a spider?

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Just spooktacular Fiona!
Love the lil' spider.